Monday, April 23, 2007

Students’ comments on 19th April discussions


Really enjoyed today, it helped me a lot with my project. Definitely prefer working one to one rather than in large group presentations.
Rebecca

Helped having an individual tutorial, got to discuss a lot about the project + also other issues about disabled access. Got some details resolved I think.
Charlotte

I also enjoyed having a on-to-one tutorial – Noemi spent a lot of time getting involved in my idea and I felt that I got a lot of positive feedback – she helped me feel more involved in my design.
Kerry

Today helped me really clarify my target audience and devise ways to formulate what have been until now rather abstract ideas. Today we’ve been discussing ways to promote and advertise the function of my space and how the events going on in my design and space would benefit all sorts of people – not just those interested in sound artists and the performances that I am proposing.
Ellie

1 on 1 tutorials were very helpful and enjoyable. They were more formal and productive than presentations which were more general comments. New ideas and ways of ‘seeing’ were presented which will aid this design and further work to come.
Alex

I found that being allocated to a specific tutor allowed me to further improve my design. Presentations by artists are thoroughly enjoyable and have inspired me greatly, particularly w ith my spatial awareness.
Dominie

It is really interesting to think about space from different perspectives. Designing with your senses and not just aesthetics…. I am worried that the focus is on issues of access and technical requirements (this is not particularly relevant to my concept as the studio space would be private and I don’t want to shoehorn these things in..)
Lettie

Really helped me a lot. I understood what I was doing and what I needed to do. I think it helps to have one to one tutorials rather than a group.
Rohini

It really helped me a lot to understand some things. We had good communication between us.
Vasaliki

Very interesting, helpful and fun. It has been exciting and haas helped me to define my concept.
Laia

No comments: